Winter is for working; summer is for playing. Right? If you’re like many who dream of spending their summer sipping coconuts, relaxing in turquoise waters, and heading back to work with sun-kissed skin, here are 11 destinations to add to your list.
1. Santorini, Greece. With beautiful beaches, delicious food & wine, ancient towns, stunning views, and more blue and white than you can imagine, Santorini is truly one of a kind. (Plus, it IS possible on a budget).
2. Sao Beach, Phu Quoc, Vietnam. I’m pretty sure if you look up the word “paradise” in the dictionary, this image shows up. While the rest of Phu Quoc isn’t quite up to par, Sao Beach is simply perfection.
3. Budva, Montenegro. Because to make you choose between a beach vacation or a mountain adventure is just RUDE. Plus, if the colorful umbrellas don’t do it for you, I don’t know what will.
4. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia. Though it will be winter in Australia, the Whitsunday Islands stay warm all year round. Don’t forget your sunnies, as the 98% silica sand is blindingly white!
5. Dahab, Egypt. Because who doesn’t enjoy relaxing on rainbow-colored pillows under a straw hut on a deserted beach? Careful though, or you just might never leave this laid-back paradise.
6. Kaanapali, Maui, Hawaii. This is one of those cases where adding a filter would actually degrade the photo. The crystal-clear waters are so turquoise that it’s hard to believe it’s actually unedited. The best part? Jumping into the pristine water from that rocky peninsula known as Black Rock.
7. Koh Rong, Cambodia. As I like to say, you can’t go wrong with Koh Rong. Still quite undeveloped with no ATMs or real roads, and barely any wifi, the time to go to this little island is now.
8. Copacabana, Brazil. White sand and the tan bodies sprinkled over it are the main attractions here. One of the world’s “sexiest” beaches, Copacabana is where guys show off their soccer skills and girls show off their bodies. There aren’t many places in the world where you can wear a normal-cut bikini and stand out for being too conservative.
9. Dubrovnik, Croatia. Not only does it have stunning beaches and beautiful Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture, it’s also a major filming location of Game of Thrones!
10. Gili Islands, Indonesia. It’s one of those “wish you were here” postcard-perfect destinations. If you want to relax in a hammock strung between coconut trees and escape the roar of motorized transport (the islands have none), this is your spot.
11. Cinque Terre, Italy. With crystal clear water adjacent to little towns of colorful houses and winding cobblestone streets tucked into hillsides of terraced vineyards, Cinque Terre is simply charming. Oh, and there’s Italian gelato.
Have a great summer, and if you have questions about any of the destinations listed, feel free to ask.
As always, keep on livin’ pura vida ✌